http://www.purehealthcenter.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/LiveFood1.jpg 250 250 PureHealth http://www.purehealthcenter.us/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/purehealthcenter-logoblack.png PureHealth2014-01-31 18:23:132014-03-23 15:38:05Plant-Based Whole Food
Live foods. It’s common sense right? A cooked seed won’t grow, but a raw seed will. Heating food over 118 degrees Fahrenheit destroys most of the nutrients in your food. Cooking food also diminishes the natural life energy.
- Nutrient Density. Fruits have more vitamins and vegetables have more minerals than any other foods on the planet! Raw foods are better quality; therefore you eat less to satisfy your nutritional needs. The heat of cooking depletes vitamins, damages proteins and fats.
- Enzymes. Cooking food destroys much of the natural enzymes (your body can also create enzymes, it just takes a lot of energy to do that). Eating raw eliminates this problem.
- Increased Vitality. You won’t know this unless you try it for yourself, but eating raw gives you an amazing boost in energy.
- Stronger Immune System A raw food diet can protect you from acute diseases such as colds, flu, measles, etc. Raw foods maintain a healthy immune system and a healthy immune system resists disease.
- Increased resistance to disease! Eating a diet of raw foods can reverse or stop the advance of many chronic diseases, including heart disease and cancer. Remember, cooking creates free radicals, which are the major cause of cancer. When you lower the number of free radicals your cells are bombarded with, you lower your risk of cancer.
- Easier to Avoid GMO Exposure: Just avoid 8 things and you’ll be avoiding Genetically engineered products. SOY, CORN, CANOLA, COTTONSEED OIL, BEETS, ALFALFA (animal feed)and HAWAIIAN PAPAYA (50%).
- Eat as much as you want. As your percentage of raw foods increases you feel satisfied and have more energy on smaller meals because raw food has the best balance of water, nutrients, and fiber to meet your body’s needs.
- Less cleanup. Simply put, there aren’t many dishes to wash when you eat fruit and vegetables. Cleaning up after a raw meal is a snap. No baked-on oils or crusty messes.
- No packaging. Eating raw means less packaging all around (well, I guess you could argue that banana and orange peels are “packaging”). This means less trash in a landfill and more room in your cupboards. Win/win for everyone.
- Improved regularity. You should naturally have around two to three bowel movements a day. If you’re going less than that, it probably means your intestines are unhealthily clogged. A raw diet gives you more than enough fiber to keep you regular.
- Sustainability.Trees and oil reserves could be saved without the need for the paper and plastics used in packaging processed foods. There would also be less carbon dioxide released into the atmosphere when all the cooking stopped, and more oxygen produced from all the new orchards and gardens.. Eating food that’s been freshly picked just feels different. You feel more connected to the earth and more grounded. Eating lots of processed foods — frozen or from a box — makes creates more of a gap and leaves you feeling disconnected from the earth that sustains you.
- Saves Money. Eating raw saves you money on doctor bills, drugs, and health insurance.
- It is environmentally sound. One recent study showed that, of the animals raised for food consumption in the US, the greenhouse gasses released by these animals annually is greater than the greenhouse gasses produced by all of the cars and trucks in the country. With humanity on a diet of raw foods the food industry would close up shop and take up organic gardening. This would save us enormous amounts of natural resources used to produce power for these industries.